terça-feira, 16 de maio de 2017

BETTER ME

I always had this obsession
In becoming the better me.
I always thought I had to be better,
To be kinder, to be greater.
So I started chasing the better me,
But life always tried to bring me down,
To turn me into the worst me
With her lies and punches.
But I kept fighting,
I thought I was turning the life's hits
Into the steps to the better me,
But in the end of the stairway
I found life again,
Sucking the worst in me
With her leech's fangs
And her claws embracing me
Like a feral hug.
And then she pushed me back,
And I fell, step by step,
Punch by punch
Into the worst me,
The broken me.
And now is so hard to get back again,
My black and putrid mucus
Is dropping and making me slip over it,
So I can't reach the stairway again.
I gave up, I lied down,
Trying to breathe
In this pool of my own darkness,
Slowly drowning into the hole
Made by the acid me, the toxic me.
My hair is falling,
My body is drying,
But I can still see, far far away,
The light shinning for the better me...
Am I too weak to chase it?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Olá, meu caro leitor. Faça um escritor carente e necessitado feliz, deixe seu comentário.